February 28, 2023
5 min read
The delivery of dynamic, vivid imagery is a necessity for live events, higher education, houses of worship, and business environments. People receive and understand content better when they see it visually. In fact, research conducted by VideoScribe revealed that 65% of surveyed individuals learned best through visual means. With the average human attention span at 8 seconds, compared to 12 seconds in 2000, it’s clear that innovative imagery and video are pertinent to not only grabbing but maintaining the interest of individuals.
High-brightness laser projectors are one of the most widely used tools that help display content for viewer consumption. Whether you’re going to a drive-in movie, a projection-mapped light show, or attending a presentation in a large collegiate auditorium, these events are made possible by projectors.
To keep up with the need for always-on, reliable projector technology without sacrificing high-quality and stunningly-clear visuals, end users are turning towards Panasonic Connect for tailored solutions for any projection environment. Take a look at three new experience-enabling projectors introduced in February 2023.
PT-MZ20KL Series 3LCD Laser Projectors
Designed to support large lecture halls, auditoriums, and houses of worship, the PT-MZ20KL series is the industry’s first* 20,000lm-class projector delivering full brightness on AC 100-240V power, eliminating the need for high-voltage power supply installation. The series, which includes four models – the PT-MZ20KL, PT-MZ17KL, PT-MZ14KL, and PT-MZ11KL – delivers clear, ultra-bright visuals with 4K/60p signal input via HDMI® or DIGITAL LINK. Each offer between 11,000lm-20,000lm of brightness for vivid large-screen productions.
Aside from dazzling large crowds with spectacular visual content, what do the verticals they support have in common? For starters, they rely on projectors to accurately paint the picture of the stories they want to convey to their audiences. The PT-MZ20KL makes audiences feel like they are in the front row regardless of how far they may be from the screen.
The PT-MZ20KL series’ compact and lightweight size enables extremely quiet operations to prevent disruptions to a live audience or recorded event. Coupled with 20,000 hours of operation, its compact size dramatically reduces installation time and maintenance. In fact, with support from its Near Field Communications function, users can quickly program the projector’s settings before powering it up. Here’s a look at more built-in features that make this projector extremely flexible and easy to use:
- A full suite of optical lenses, including the ET-EMU100 Ultra-Short-Throw Zoom Lens, allows large-screen projection in tight spaces.
- Pre-activated Geometry Manager Pro upgrade kits to enable adjustments from a PC for flexible installation.
- A Black Level Correction function, which allows the projectors to adjust the shape of black borders to match the screen shape, simplifying edge-blending on curved screens.
- The Remote Preview LITE feature checks images and content signals even when it’s not possible to project content in settings such as outdoor areas during the daytime or during performance rehearsals.
The PT-MZ17KL, PT-MZ14KL, and PT-MZ11KL models will be available in April 2023. The PT-MK20KL model will be available in June 2023.
PT-REQ12 4K Series 1-Chip DLP™ Laser Projectors
Live experiences, such as concerts, arts festivals and sporting events, are constantly evolving to level up the quality of engagement and entertainment for audiences. Each year, live experiences get more sophisticated, which increases the need for efficient and reliable projection technology. The PT-REQ12 1-Chip DLP™ 4K Laser Projector does just that, captivating large audiences by visually stimulating their senses to create emotional and lasting connections.
The PT-REQ12 expands on our 1-Chip DLP™ platform to push image quality to new heights by supporting 240 hertz projection and contrast performance. To help open the door to new production possibilities, the PT-REQ12 is among the first of Panasonic Connect’s projector portfolio to feature our patented Quad Pixel Drive to produce authentic 4K images that are deep, defined, and detailed. The projector also has 240 Hz projection and an optional ET-SWR10 Real-Time Tracking Projection-Mapping System that can project onto fast-moving objects, enriching interactive applications to further enhance live event projections and performances. Bringing scenes to life, the dynamic contrast effects recognize light and dark areas of images to make the details pop. This gives new life to once dull blended visuals.
As production complexity increases, the demand for expanded and seamless workflows follows suit. The PT-REQ12 expands end-user functionality with programmable controls such as lens-shift adjustment which provides precise focus when switching between angles – a function that was previously manual. The lens adjustments on the new projector reduce the time and effort that AV teams spend on each task. The PT-REQ12 is the first 1-Chip DLP™ projector to feature a hermetically sealed optical engine with all liquid-cooling. Like the PT-MZ20KL series, the PT-REQ12 delivers 20,000 hours of maintenance-free projection, and its compact, lightweight size allows for installation in tight spaces, at any angle.
Additional features include:
- The Smart Projector Control application and Near Field Communication to simplify basic setup, allowing users to hold a mobile device against the projector’s touchpoint to read or make changes to functions.
- An Intel® Smart Display Module (SDM) slot to integrate a customer’s preferred interface(s) via compatible third-party modules and optional proprietary terminal boards, such as 12G-SDI, DIGITAL LINK, and Panasonic Connect’s PressIT Wireless Presentation System.
- The Remote Preview LITE function to check content signals from a remote PC, while Geometry Manager Pro software upgrade kits automate edge blending via a camera for sophisticated masking functions, color matching, and brightness control.
The PT-REQ12 4K Series 1-Chip DLP™ Laser Projectors will be available in April 2023.
PT-CMZ50 Ultra-Short Throw LCD Laser Projector
Education, corporate and museum environments all have one thing in common: the need to relay information in an engaging and seamless way to captivate audiences. This means creating visuals that are as life-like as possible. The PT-CMZ50’s expansive 80-inch image projection and exceptionally bright laser source provides the presenter with the ability to share visuals without fear of on-screen shadows or being blinded by light from the lens. Its smooth WUXGA (1920x1200) resolution also makes the fine text easy to read across whiteboards, lecture halls, meeting spaces, and more.
Tools such as MS Teams and Zoom live on, especially in the classroom and office. The PT-CMZ50 supports varying input signals, as well as 4K, making it ideal for these collaborative platforms. And the projector doesn’t stall the conversation – it makes it happen. With easy ceiling or wall mount installation and quiet operation, users can take advantage of the CMZ50’s crystal-clear projection within a second after it’s turned on.
For sustainability and reliability, the PT-CMZ50’s new high-efficiency optical engine improves watts-per-lumen efficiency by about 25%, while the light source and filter do not require maintenance for 20,000 hours, reducing cost, waste, and labor.
Additional features include:
- Support for widescreen content at 2560 x 1080 (21:9) and 3240 x 1080 (27:9) input signals, as well as 4K input signals.
- Laser light source that delivers 5,200lm with 3,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast.
- Digital Zoom Extender and Image Shift Function which can be used via remote control for image improvements.
- The Powered Focus feature to allow for center screen and periphery fine-tuning after installation.
- Quiet operation with 26 dB9 that blends right into your space to limit distractions.
The PT-CMZ50 Ultra-Short Throw LCD Laser Projector will be available in March 2023.
* As of November 2022, based on LCD laser projectors with 20,000 lm brightness and above according to internal research.