November 6, 2023
3 min read
Panasonic Connect offers a suite of AV solutions that help capture, orchestrate, and deliver transformative shared experiences. At NAB NY 2023, the company demonstrated its lineup of ST 2110-enabled AV solutions to support more seamless and future-proofed production workflows for its customers.
Panasonic Connect North America has expanded its lineup of ST 2110-enabled AV solutions to support more seamless and future-proofed production workflows for its customers.
“Consumer viewing habits are rapidly changing and there’s a strong need to make content available on a variety of platforms,” said Ryan Carson, vice president and general manager of the Pro AV business division for Panasonic Connect. “With the global live streaming market estimated to reach over $247 billion by 2027, production houses need to simplify their workflows to drive creative and unique productions.”
At NAB New York, Panasonic Connect will showcase its full ST 2110 workflow from its KAIROS live production platform to its studio and PTZ cameras. Supporting ST 2110 integration for the AK studio camera line, the company will debut its new UCU700 Camera Control Unit geared to help customers migrate to IP-based systems. The pressure to captivate and retain viewers is extremely prevalent for broadcast and sports production teams – areas in which delivering high quality content is a must. The right tools can serve as the backbone for any production team, leaving room for creativity to soar. Panasonic connect will showcase the following solutions at the show:
- UCU700 Camera Control Unit: The new Camera Control Unit (CCU), available in early 2024, offers production crews and systems integrators a range of benefits. The CCU provides the ability to utilize a wide lineup of camera heads with a common accessory infrastructure, including easy integration of a traditional CCU into any new ST 2110 backbone or streaming production. Supporting both 4K and HDR operation, as well as a variety of additional optional I/F boards, the UCU700 will create opportunities for workflows that use SRT, NDI, ST 2110, and Dante, facilitating the transition from the current baseband operation to IP operation. Because the new CCU can work with existing UC4000, UC3300, and the new PLV100 cameras, new I/F options catered to each model will become available.
- KAIROS Live Production Platform: The next generation KAIROS Core AT-KC200 and AT-KC2000 (now shipping) both offer improved functionality and performance, including streamlined connectivity, improved video processing, and enhanced file storage capacity. The KC2000 will support significantly increased content capacity with a 96GB RAM Player, 32GB Stills and a 850GB Clip Player, eliminating the need for a stand-alone clip player in many applications. A new KC2000S1 model featuring two independent 200G ST 2110 NIC cards will be available in December. With the AT-KC2000S1 configuration, customers will choose between supporting fully redundant ST 2022-7, at 200G source capacity, or access to up to 400G of ST 2110 sources.
- AK-HC3900 Studio Camera: The AK-HC3900 Studio Camera is ideal for shooting a variety of live productions (TV, broadcast, house of worship, education, etc.) by outputting HDR and SDR simultaneously. Customers can easily add native support for ST 2110 with the AK-SFC391 software (sold separately) to create a seamless connection to Panasonic’s KAIROS Live Production Platform, without the need for a Camera Control unit and ST 2110 gateways.
- AK-PLV100 Super 35mm CineLive Studio Camera: Continuing the legacy of VariCam, the AK-PLV100 is a purpose-built studio camera for easy CINELIVE production. It delivers a cinema aesthetic – a narrow depth of field look – in a studio camera body with the ST 2110 workflow at a reasonable price.
- AW-UE160 4K PTZ Camera: The AW-UE160 PTZ Camera, part of Panasonic’s Platinum Series of high-end broadcast-quality PTZs, enables production teams to easily capture clear images even in the most challenging lighting conditions. Its optical low pass filter reduces the effect of moiré for clearer picture quality when shooting against an LED wall. Users can activate ST 2110 compatibility through the AW-SFU60 software key.